Who knew that radiant, glowing skin could be so easy to achieve? By incorporating these five super simple steps into your daily skin care routine, you will be on your way to healthy, beautiful skin in no time!
1. Cleansing: Cleansing is the most basic and essential step in your daily skin care routine, it involves cleaning the skin’s surface of dirt, debris, and natural oil that will clog pores and lead to blemishes and acne. Cleansing gives your skin a “fresh slate,” allowing products applied afterwards to penetrate deeper and be more effective overall. But remember, all cleansers are NOT created equal. It’s important to choose a cleanser that is right for YOUR skin type. Have oily, acne-prone skin? You will want to try a lighter cleanser such as our popular Eminence Clear Skin Probiotic Cleanser. Do you suffer from dry or dehydrated skin? You will want to try a more creamy cleanser, such as our Eminence Coconut Milk Cleanser. There are even cleansers that target specific skin concerns, such as anti-aging. Our Eminence Monoi Age Corrective Exfoliating Cleanser is a perfect example of this. Estheticians recommend incorporating a cleanser into your skin care routine 1-2x daily. Cleansers are designed to be applied using your fingertips. Simply massage a small amount of the cleansing concentrate onto the skin with a few drops of water for one minute. Rinse off with water or remove with a damp face cloth.
2. Tonique: This is a step in the skin care routine that is often overlooked, but so important! A toner is used to give you an even deeper clean. It can remove small traces of dirt, debris, and natural oil that the cleanser might have missed. Toners are also excellent at removing traces of makeup or other heavy products like sunscreens. Having removed those traces of oil from your skin’s surface, the toner can actually give the appearance of smaller pores. During cleansing, the pH balance in your skin is often disturbed due to the harsh, alkaline nature of soap. A toner can quickly help to restore that natural pH balance to the skin. Our collection of Eminence Toniques are designed to be used 1-3x daily and are misted onto the skin’s surface immediately following cleansing. You can also use them as a touch-up, anytime the skin needs to be refreshed.
3. Serum: Estheticians everywhere swear by the use of serums, but what’s the big deal? Serums are a whole lot of good in a little package! They are light, fast-absorbing liquids that leave out occlusive moisturizing ingredients like mineral oil and petrolatum. Serums also don’t contain “filler products” and thickening agents such as nut or seed oils. Instead, serums tend to be water-based and packed with high concentrations of nutrient-rich active ingredients like antioxidants, peptides, and skin brighteners – all of which are excellent for their anti-aging benefits. You should be incorporating a serum into your skin care routine at least 1-2x daily. You can apply a thin layer of serum, booster-serum, concentrate or oil over the entire face after cleansing, masque or exfoliation. Apply moisturizer over top and leave on skin. Two to three drops of booster-serum can also be added to a masque or moisturizer to enhance results. The Eminence Cornflower Recovery Serum or Eminence Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Serum are excellent choices that benefit all skin types.
4. Eye Care: You have probably noticed that the skin around your eyes is thin and fragile. Because of this, eyes will often show the first signs of aging. It is important to take extra steps to protect the skin from these signs like wrinkles, crow’s feet, and dark circles. Contrary to popular belief, eye creams are NOT just moisturizers. Eye creams contain higher levels of oils and more concentrated solutions of active ingredients aimed to address specific problems associated with the eyes. Our Eminence Wild Plum Eye Cream is a great eye care product for all skin types. It works to restore hydration to dry, dehydrated skin around the eyes and minimizes the appearance of dark circles.
5. Moisturizer: A great moisturizer is one of the most important elements in your skin care routine. A moisturizer works by holding water in the outer layer of the skin’s surface and increasing the overall appearance of skin. Moisturizers can be targeted to address specific skin concerns such as dry or cracked skin and eczema. Some moisturizers, such as our Eminence Persimmon & Cantaloupe Day Cream SPF 32 also have an SPF factor for added protection in the sun. You should apply a thin layer of moisturizer as a final step in your skin care routine 1-2x daily.
**Bonus**: Exfoliant: We talked about this a bit in our previous post, but we just can’t stress enough the importance of exfoliation. Through exfoliating, you are removing dirt, debris and dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. When these dead skin cells are removed, it makes room for new, fresh skin cells which will leave the skin looking smoother and healthier overall. Exfoliation should NOT be done every day. Exfoliating too often can cause the skin to become dry, cracked, and irritated – especially for those who already struggle with sensitive skin issues. Check out our Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant.